Re: [TowerTalk] Real waterproof connectors for rotators (was:source of 6

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>,"Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Real waterproof connectors for rotators (was:source of 6/8 pin connectors?)
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:43:48 -0800
Awwwww come on .. those connectors are cheaper than the ubiquitous 4 pin
trailer pigtails ??.. and available "anywhere" ?.. methinks not.   Good
Grief Reef probably even has them good ol'  4 pins in their bins, in their
marine outfitting store!  Of course, to be PC .. we have to have the
"proper" fittings, n'est-ce pas?   And .. the ARRL (me be lifer) chose other
ways to go for DC connectors for the AREC, etc....   wrongo, in my
guestimation.   The 4 wire pigtails are THE way to go .. and, if you keep
the leads short when you parallel them, they work swell with a 100 watt HF
rig .. or VHF .. or ...
I have made a few journeys in my life to other lands .. not so easy to find
German or American connectors, etc...  on Christmas Island (the one where
you go to Hawaii from the USofA and turn left) we used Budweiser six-pak
plastic holders, all bunched up to make an insulator for loops and dipoles
.. worky worky .. but there were sure NO Deutschipd connectors there, but
plenty of trailer type hook-me-ups!
HEY .. y'all have a good Turkey Day ..
Totally way off topic ... we (Ted, AL7RF / T32AL , and I .. AA6DX / T32AM)
had a perfectly scrumptious Thanksgiving dinner at the Captain Cook ?hotel?
.. `twas fried tuna .. hmmmmm .. remember, Turkey Day is a US holiday!  We
were there for CQWWDX CW - HIHI--

Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX

mailto: AA6DX@ARRL.NET