Re: [TowerTalk] Potential New FCC Tower Construction Threat

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Potential New FCC Tower Construction Threat
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:05:06 -0500

>Should someone come up with a way to keep birds
>and towers apart, I'd like to hear it. (Insert plastic owl stories here).

>My problem is the dozens of birds that fly into
>the windows of my home annually and do serious
>bodily damage to themselves.  Luckily, towers aren't made of glass.

Dozens? For a while we were keeping three cats happy with the ... ah...daily
fall out.

One cat is big at 17# and not fat. I've seen him take birds off the feeder
at 7 feet above ground. He got smart too. The old cats were just too old to
even try his antics, but when let out they'd go sit under the living room
window. Then he joined them. Let 'em out and in a couple of minutes all
three would be sitting side-by-side on the land scape timbers under the
window just waiting.  Now a Hawk has discovered that if he comes in from the
east the dumb ones will head west directly at the house, have to change
direction and he has easy pickings.

Now if I could just get that big cat to go sit on the 6-meter beam when the
Cormorants come to roost. I'd even put any extra in the freezer for him.

73

Roger (K8RI)

73,

Joe