Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:38:38 EST

In a message dated 12/12/2006 4:00:12 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  At the prices they get for those Quick-Seal  enclosures
(http://www.sitepro1.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=26)
I  think that Coax-seal will continue to be a very viable option.
They look  like a really good idea -- and the cost reflects that.

    CoaxSeal is only an option if used correctly (I  personally hate the
stuff). DO NOT apply CoaxSeal directly to a connector - IT  WON'T COME OFF. Put
layer or two of Scotch 33 or 88 on the joint first and  then put the vapor
wrap layer on. (And then 2-3 top layers of the  aforementioned Scotch tape.)

    It's not the CoaxSeal I hate, it's the fact that  amateurs put it right
on the connector, rendering it useless for future use.  It's a one-time
application.

    Professionals use a vapor wrap butyl rubber  products such as the ones
from db Products or Andrew which do peel  right off of a connector. Do yourself

a favor and get the real  stuff.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH