Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...

To: k4kyv@hotmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:15:43 -0800
Another mystery sticky stuff I see at work, I dont know what it is, but it
is VERY sticky.  Much different surface texture, feel than the butyl
stuff... A lot of the A&P mechanics keep a ball of it stuck to the back
corner of their toolbox....Light grey or blue color, you can roll it into a
ball in your palm, leave it in open air, and 3 weeks later the surface has
not dried out... it is still VERY sticky.  If you press your thumb into it,
it comes free cleanly, without staining your thumb, and there will be a
perfect thumbprint in the stuff.   I use micro dabs of it to stick tiny
2-56, 4-40, or 6-32 nuts to my finger tips to start them behind instrument
panels.
Someone thought it was sealant for automobile windshields....
If you wrapped a connector with it, I am positive  it would be waterproof,
and probably difficult to remove from a connector.

73, DX, de Pat AA6EG aa6eg@hotmail.com;
Skype: Sparky599
Moon or Bust!--Jamesburg Gang Rides Again!