Re: [TowerTalk] Tram rope

To: <wc1m@msn.com>, "'Dennis OConnor'" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tram rope
From: "Frederick M. Mott" <ab8ah@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:41:57 -0500
I put up a 4 element SteppIR using a two lines spaced 6 feet apart.  The
lines were 1/2 inch nylon trucker's rope.  I used my son-in-law's New
Holland Backhoe to snug up the tram lines and my Grandson (10 years old)
pull the antenna up using my JD 4050. The trolley was home made home made
from aluminum with a jig that held the antenna in place.  The trolley had 4
pulleys and was suspended below the tram lines.  It was very stable and the
antenna went up very smoothly.  By the way, my 10 year old Grandson helped
me tare down the old slightly rusted 130 Rohn 45G using the JD 4050 tractor.
I did all the tower work.  He also supplied all the muscles putting up the
re-galavnized Rohn 45G (using the JD 4050) back up and with 3 additional new
sections.

Fred AB8AH