Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design

To: "'Keith Dutson'" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:25:00 -0500
> > What is the purpose of the EHS at the tower point?

As Roger said, some people put it there to provide protection against
falling tools, etc. I debated doing it on my tower and decided against it.
First, the Phyllistran guy grip is about three feet long and provides some
protection in the most likely path for falling tools, etc. Second, the three
SteppIRs in my stack will sit just above the guys and I don't want any
interaction. Tough to pick a short length that won't interact with an
antenna that covers 20m-6m.

73, Dick WC1M