[TowerTalk] Plenty of Ham Friends who climb towers

To: TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Plenty of Ham Friends who climb towers
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 06:42:45 -0700 (PDT)

This is more of a Lament that anything.  A subscriber commented in the StepPIR
vs any other antenna war....that he has plenty of ham friends to climb a tower.

Well, try that in Kansas....with all the guys in our club pushing 60 and above
with about three guys below the age of 40.  Yes, we try to get young people
involved, but most are not interested.  The last class we had were all retirees
wanting something to do...or...people interested in
Disaster/Terrorist/ParaMilitary operations.  These are the guys who want to
have a mobile radio and a handitalkie on their belt.  Not general run of the
mill guys interested in radio/electronics/antennas/etc.

I am sure there are other people out there living in the "hinterlands" that
have the same issues....lack of Ham Friends in the immediate locale.  RATS!  If
I need tower work done, my good buddies, AB0S and W0NO, have to drive 2 hours.
Well, that is par for the course in Kansas...at least iit is flat and straight
roads and you can run 75 MPH.

Flame suit on....

Lee - K0WA
PS  I have plenty of non ham friends ... but they don't climb either

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense devine?