Re: [TowerTalk] Plenty of Ham Friends who climb towers

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Plenty of Ham Friends who climb towers
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:45:47 -0700
Jeremy wrote:

> Well, Im 66 and still climb; including my 180' Rohn 45. Ive 4 >towers on
> the  property.

Howdy all

This has been an interesting thread, but no one has touched on my problem.

If I get more that 10 feet in the air, I start getting very nervous.  The
thought of climbing a 40 foot tower makes me break out in a sweat.  I have a
small 2 section 36 foot crank-up, right next to the house, and I can step
onto it from the roof of my shack when it is all the way down and the top
section is resting on the ground.  That puts the top about 6 feet above the
flat roof of my shack. I feel pretty comfortable that way.

I used to climb the big tree behind the house when I used to drink a lot :-)
Was pretty brave then.

I think putting up a crank-up, tilt-over is the way to go, for me anyway.
73
Tom W7WHY