Re: [TowerTalk] Repair HD-BX Tower?

To: "Mike Lafferty W2TB" <mikelafferty@verizon.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Repair HD-BX Tower?
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 13:16:24 -0500
I think the "bolt and nut" approach will work well, BUT I would not use
stainless hardware. Stainless, while is nice from the not rusting perspective,
is more brittle than a Grade 5 or 8 bolt. Lock down a stainless nut and bolt
and tighten till it  fails. You will find it does not take nearly the effort it
does to do the same to Grade 5 or 8 hardware. I would use Grade 5 and hit it
with a spray of Cold Galvanizing from a spray can and not lose a minute of
sleep over it.

Clint - W5CPT