Re: [TowerTalk] Taking up slack in wire antennas

To: "'Dan Zimmerman N3OX'" <n3ox@n3ox.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Taking up slack in wire antennas
From: "w4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 16:32:53 -0400
I've used bungee cord for some time.  I put in a loose  length of "Spectra"
or "Deema" in the link that is my safety net if the bungee breaks.  You can
double up the lengths/sizes and get whatever tension you want.  I've found
the good sailing black bungee works pretty well.  Be sure and sear the ends
so they don't start unraveling.  I wrap my ends  with sailing tape as well.

Works for me here on the ocean in this Florida sun and wind.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"