Re: [TowerTalk] Whats the best free standing Tower for a SteppIR

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rtnmi@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Whats the best free standing Tower for a SteppIR
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 08:47:30 EDT

In a message dated 7/7/2007 6:43:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  How do you determine the wind speed spec of your new  location. I also
have just moved and would like to do the same before  erecting
a used tower I bought second hand it will be at forty feet here as  well.

    A call to your local building department will  probably turn up the info.
Also, _www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com)  under "Tech
Notes" lists the TIA-222 windspeed ratings for all 3076 counties in the
country.

>  The new location is on the top of a hill with  surrounding land slopping
downward for approx 10 Miles and is 1217 feet above  sea
level according to Google Earth's numbers. So I am expecting some good
results from the tower.

        Woo woo! Sounds great. Have  fun!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC