Re: [TowerTalk] Whats the best free standing Tower for a SteppIR

To: "W4LDE-Ron" <w4lde@cfl.rr.com>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"SteppIR Yahoo Group" <steppir@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Whats the best free standing Tower for a SteppIR
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:30:16 -0700
Hi  Ron: I have owned a UST TX472 without power winch for 12 years or so. I
have been able to replace rotators, cables, pulleys, and bearings by myself
using a 2 section ladder against the side of the tower. Everything is easily
visible and accessible if you know a few tricks. I have not owned one of the
tubular towers but have seen numerous posts here re  the problems in
replacing the cables. I would go for the triangular tower. UST has a factory
in Kansas and that would help your shipping costs.
  I hope within the next month or 2 to take some pictures showing how an 81
year old man can do this by himself. I will post the info on our clubs web
page and put a note here when it is available.
73, Dan, N5AR