Re: [TowerTalk] 160M inverted L

To: towertalk@contesting.com,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160M inverted L
From: <wa3afs@inav.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:11:03 +0000
 From My experience with 3 different sets of 160M coaxial
inverted Ls, I found that in general the higher the
vertical component, the better the antenna will perform
for dx.

My first and 3rd sets (I used a pair phased most of the
time) with the vertical component approximately 70 to 80
feet performed superbly.

The second set (a single antenna) going up only 40 to 50
feet performed, but definitely not as well as one at 80
feet.  But I still make contacts up to 3500 miles!

Whatever you have for skyhooks (I used trees) go for it
and remember to have as many radials as practical and do
not worry if you have to bend the radials to go around
property lines or buildings.

    --73   Bruce, WA3AFS