Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical for Tower Top

To: "'Doug Rehman'" <rehman@surveil.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical for Tower Top
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:26:37 -0400
Put a 109" stainless steel whip at the top of the mast and ground it to the
mast.  It's a low cost method that might divert some of the lightning energy
EMP...all bets off on a direct hit.  Some guys put a stainless steel ball on
the top of the whip.  They call it a carona ball....I suspect it is more for
looks then anything.  Maybe to prevent static noise from the sharp pointy
end of the whip.

Good Luck,
Dave
Wa3gin