Re: [TowerTalk] CRITTERS AND CABLES

To: "Craig Clark" <jcclark@wildblue.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CRITTERS AND CABLES
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:00:51 -0700
My water comes from a deep drilled well. The sprinkler system is supplied
through a black plastic tubing about an inch in diameter tapped into the
well casing at about 3 feet depth. Recently a large pool of water appeared
about 6 ft from the well casing. Sure enough, a gopher had chewed through
the tubing. This has happened only once in 8 years.
  I temporarily laid a piece of RG213 on the ground to try out a 6 meter
yagi. It was chewed by gophers in less than a month.
They are tough little critters and very smart. Trapping or poisoning them is
very difficult.
73, Dan, N5AR