Re: [TowerTalk] Odd guying problem, a question for the engineers

To: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Odd guying problem, a question for the engineers
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:37:00 -0400

> One lower 1/4" EHS guy on my 180' 45G needs to be raised a few feet to
> give
> clearance to trucks going to the rear of my property.
>
> I was thinking of attaching it to the next higher guy about 4' up from the
> guy anchor turnbuckle. Since the 1/2" turnbuckle and 1/4" EHS are over
> spec
> for the tower Im hoping that this wont be a problem. I propose to attach
> the
> lower turnbuckle to the upper guy wire with a Big Grip or a piece of EHS
> and
> clamps if the angle is a problem. I want this to be a permanent solution.

One addition to an earlier post I made, I would definately not join the
lower guy through a turnbuckle to one of the upper guys. That short piece of
the upper guy between the attach point and the anchor point is going to be
carrying as much as twice the load it would normally carry as it will have
the tension of the lower guy added to it's regular working tension.

73

Roger (K8RI)