Re: [TowerTalk] Odd guying problem, a question for the engineers

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Odd guying problem, a question for the engineers
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:37:29 -0400
It is only one guy that needs to be lifted and I just need about 2' more
headroom for vehicle clearance.

The guy anchors are at 75% of height. Yes, the next higher guy will have
twice the load for that short length. However the guy is 1/4" EHS and the
turnbuckle is an industrial grade made in the USA 1/2" unit. The standard
45G uses 3/16" EHS and a 3/8" turnbuckle.

The tower is no longer stressed as in the past when it had 4/4 for 40M and
4/4/4/4 on 40' booms for 20M. It has been up for 17 years and will now get
much lighter loading; less work for me also. I aint gettin' any younger!

Gut feeling says that moving that guy will be OK.

Carl
KM1H