Re: [TowerTalk] Odd guying problem, a question for the engineers

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Odd guying problem, a question for the engineers
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:56:47 -0400

> Carl,
>
> That might work, but why not install an equalizer on the anchor for the
> outer guy wire and fasten both guys to the equalizer plate?

That could get complicated Frank as I would have to remove 2 guys to do it.
Then use the original turnbuckle as is and add 2 more turnbuckles to the new
equalizer plate. But the problem is that I need to be out 4-5' from the
anchor which means a short length of EHS and I dont want to chance running a
thimble thru a sharp edged equalizer. There are ways around it but it keeps
adding to the complexity which I'm trying to avoid.

> Of course, all three guys should be relocated to preserve identical
> guying angles

That is definitely not going to happen!

Carl
KM1H