Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Rohn 45 Question

To: Ron Todd <ron@k4wz.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Rohn 45 Question
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:19:24 -0700

Possibly you should reread my posting ...

A plate (positioned between the rotator and the top thrust bearing) with
a hole (but without a thrust bearing mounted on it) positions the mast
laterally just fine when replacing the rotator and leaves no potential
for binding.  You don't need a second thrust bearing.

But as I said the first time, that's a separate issue from trying to
avoid damaging the rotator.  Carl is saying that having the second
thrust bearing helps prolong rotator life and I don't understand the
supposed mechanism behind that.

Dave   AB7E