Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Rohn 45 Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Rohn 45 Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:14:33 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/2007 9:04:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Most of the rotators I've seen (and I'm a long way from  seeing them all)
really need a load in the vertical plane for their  bearings to work the
properly.

    Roger, thank you for cutting to the chase. You  are entirely correct but
hardly anyone is aware of this and only the Orion  even mentions it in their
owner's manual. While I haven't seen any  catastrophic failure trends with
"floating" rotators, they are all designed to  have some preload to seat the
bearings in their races.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -