Re: [TowerTalk] fold over towers

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] fold over towers
From: N6FD <n6fd@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:23:59 -0700
I got several replies on failures with the Rohn 45G foldover.  It looks
like Rohn did a modification to the design to beef up the strongback on
the foldover.  Thanks to Jim, K5LAD for some pictures showing how his
failed.  It looks like he had the earlier version and I have the later
version.

I went out and took a look at the strongback that I had for the Rohn 45G
foldover tower.  Some pictures are on my web page at
http://n6fd.home.mchsi.com/index.html  It appears to be a fairly strong
way of attaching the tilt-over cable to the strongback.  The big steel
tube is welded to the ends of the strongback and to three additional
cross-members on the strongback.  It appeared to be very sturdy during
disassembly of the tower.

Once again thanks to Jim, K5LAD and John K9MM for their helpful replies.

Erich
N6FD