Re: [TowerTalk] SPG & Service Entrance Grounds.

To: "'Roger (K8RI)'" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SPG & Service Entrance Grounds.
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:58:31 -0500

Roger,

What you describe "tying all the grounds together to form one ground system"
makes for a common ground system but it does not make a single point ground
system. You only have a single point ground system when all cables and the
ground going to a piece of equipment share a common physical place.
No ground leads connecting together the cable grounds to the electrical
ground etc.  If there is a wire or strap between the electrical ground
system and the coax ground plate you do not have a single point ground
system.

73
Gary  K4FMX