Re: [TowerTalk] SPG & Service Entrance Grounds.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SPG & Service Entrance Grounds.
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:30:46 -0500

>I did make a suggestion - actually three - in another email, but I
>will repeat them here.
>
>1. Single Point House Ground
>2. Single Point Tower Ground
>3. Single Point AC Mains Ground
>
>#1 could also be called a "Single Point Cable Entrance Ground" or some
>variation thereof. Either way communicates the concept better than
>"Single Point Ground" by itself.

Bill--

You have PRECISELY made my point for me.

They ALL have one concept in common.   SINGLE POINT GROUND!

Single point ground is the superset of all of the subsets including the
three you have listed.

So if you want to talk about the CONCEPT of single-point grounding
then that is to what you should refer.  If you want to get into specifics
about different TYPES of single-point grounds, many of which can
occur in a single system, then you can subdivide the term with modifiers.
In fact you can use any modifiers you want -- hopefully to make the
topic more lucid rather than less.

Maybe another example would help -- this time from the biological world.

CLASS = Electricity

ORDER  = Circuits

FAMILY = Grounds

GENUS = Single Point Grounds

SPECIES  =      Single Point House Ground,
                 Single Point Tower Ground,
                 Single Point AC Mains Ground

(Higher orders of your choice.)

FEEL FREE TO BE SPECIFIC IF IT IS APPROPRIATE -- BUT IF YOU NEED
TO BE GENERIC THEN YOU CANNOT BE SPECIFIC BY DEFINITION.

Maybe a Lewis Carroll refresher course would be useful.   A quick review of
Jabberwocky seems to be appropriate.

John  W0UN