Re: [TowerTalk] SPG & Service Entrance Grounds.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SPG & Service Entrance Grounds.
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:41:25 -0500

>------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------
>
>My point exactly. In English, the word "single" has a specific
>meaning. If you have more than one ground point but you use the word
>"single", you are confusing the issue. There is nothing wrong with
>saying "Double Point Ground" or "Multiple Point Ground" or "Multiple
>Ground Points".
>
>Please call it what it is.

Bill--

That is WHAT it is -- a single-point ground.  That doesn't mean that
there cannot be other grounds or that there cannot be two single-point
grounds, or even more, in a system.

It is EASY to have a building with a single point ground that is connected
to another building with its own single point ground and the connection
cable between the buildings could have grounds all along the length
of the cable.

Not unlike a building with a single point ground that is connected to the
electrical transmission line, which has grounds at every utility pole
along the way,
and that electrical transmission line is connected to another building which
has its own single point ground.

The meaning is well-defined AND IT IS ACCURATE.  That does not mean
that there cannot be other grounds in the system.

Note that the word is NOT single-ground -- meaning only one ground.  It is
SINGLE-POINT ground meaning that all the equipment IN THAT SYSTEM is
tied to a single grounding point.  Other systems -- such as a tower system
with control circuitry at the tower could have its own single point ground
that is separate from the single point ground in the shack.

You are really missing the point here.  Again, the definition is clear,
concise, AND ACCURATE.  And it seems to be understood by almost
everyone else.  It is an internationally understood concept but it seems
to be a concept that you fail to grasp -- or maybe you just have a desire
to joust at your own windmills.

--John  W0UN