Re: [TowerTalk] High voltage transmission lines

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High voltage transmission lines
From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:49:42 -0700
My experience is similar.  I live only about 200 ft. from some HV
lines and about 100 feet from the MV lines.  The MV lines are by far a
bigger problem for me.  The ONLY time I hear noise from the HV lines
is when it rains.  Fortunately for me, it doesn't rain that much here
in California.  The noise from the HV lines is definitely loud when it
rains, but the rest of the time they are MUCH quieter than the MV
lines.