Re: [TowerTalk] High voltage transmission lines

To: "'Steve'" <steve65@suddenlink.net>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High voltage transmission lines
From: "Mike, K6BR" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:19:08 -0700
Steve,

I and many other gave you one piece of sound advice that is the most
important. Take a mobile rig and drive around the area you intend to settle
in and check out all frequencies you would want to operate on day and night
etc. If you have the time before deciding on the purchase pick wet day's dry
days and different times of the year.  It is almost worth the investment in
a FT-857 and Screwdriver antenna.

I drive around a lot for my work and often see the QTH from heaven but only
to be disappointed by noise or weak signal reception.  The weak signal
locations are another issue but they do exist, I don't know why, but there
are certainly hot spots around where the signal in the mobile jumps up 2 or
3 S points in some places.

Good luck in your new Ham shack hunting:-)

Mike K6BR