Re: [TowerTalk] Green Power Lightbulb QRN

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>, Eric Hilding <b38@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Green Power Lightbulb QRN
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:22:14 -0500 (CDT)
TT:

     I picked up (but didn't purchase) a CFL bulb package the other day and
read that the gizmo contains mercury.  The package simply advised something
along the lines of, <Dispose of in accordance with your local laws regarding
mercury> and <In case of bulb breakage open room windows for several hours.>

     Has anyone looked into their own local laws regarding mercury disposal?
Will we have to stockpile the dead bulbs until a suitable, geologically-stable
respository has been constructed in Rocky Flats?

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F