Re: [TowerTalk] Unguyed, with house bracket?..warning

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Unguyed, with house bracket?..warning
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:38:46 EST

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not in this thread, since I have not
read them all, but one caveat bears mentioning....

DO NOT attach any bracketing to the fascia.  Most fascia is not  supposed to
bear much lateral force.  Therefore, if you bracket your tower  to most
fascia, it may look good and strong, but unless you hooked into some  healthy
framing wood, beware.  Back in FL, I saw and heard of lots of  these
installations
hit the ground when a good burst of wind them.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS