[TowerTalk] Star guying

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Star guying
From: "w7xu@iw.net" <w7xu@iw.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:00:24 -0500
To clarify, the 2 additional long boom antennas are for 6 meters.  Their
windload is
5.9 sq. ft. each.  Being at work, I don't have the wind area figure for the 30
m yagi
on hand, but I would estimate it at roughly 10 sq. ft.   While I haven't had a
formal
analysis done, based on previous towers which I did have an engineering analysis
done, I wouldn't think a wind load of 21 ft. sq. would overload Rohn 55.  That
being
said, there will be a significant amount of torque present with the long booms.

73,  Arliss  W7XU

 On Fri Nov 30  8:07 , <donovanf@starpower.net> sent: