[TowerTalk] Pipe Cutters

To: "T talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pipe Cutters
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 19:17:23 -0800
As a plumbers son who used a pipe cutter many times as a kid, I can tell you
that they cause a significant reduction in OD and ID at the cut off point
which is not easy to remove. The pipe cutter was used with a tapered pipe
reamer which reduced the internal burr, however the ID is smaller than
before cut off. I believe if you are planning on telescoping .058 wall
tubing, like the stuff we regularly use for antenna elements, you would be
better off using a hack saw and a file to do the job.
73, Dan, N5AR