Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Voltage Breakdown

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Voltage Breakdown
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:33:19 -0500

>Did you see this on Amphenol's website? I didn't search other mfgrs.

500 V breakdown, or working is unrealistic for a good connector. IIRC that
is about what teflon is rated per mil. Even air, which you have between the
conductors at the interface between connectors would be much higher than 500
V .

I've run as high as 6KV on them.  Hy-pot one and it'll probably be good for
about 12KV, but I'd not want to run one that high.

Roger (K8RI)