Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m. Inverted L Question

To: <RLVZ@aol.com>, Untitled <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m. Inverted L Question
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:28:57 -0700
I do not believe an L will provide 50 ohms at the base.  I believe it is
closer to 22 ohms.  Everyone I know has some type of matching.  This could
be an unun or caps.  You really need to have radials for the L to work
properly.

Search the archives and you will find a source for the Unun's.  They are not
too pricey.  They make one that have a number of different tap points.  I
simply used an antenna tuner at the base.