Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m. Inverted L Question

To: RLVZ@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m. Inverted L Question
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:11:28 -0500
I use coaxial inverted Ls.  Direct feed and no tuner needed if feeding a single
coaxial inverted L.  (I phase
multiple inverted Ls and that does require a tuner).

The coaxial inverted L does require radials.  (The more the merrier, but the
antennas start to play nicely
with 3 or 4 radials).  Presently, I have 60 radials under each antenna.

My coaxial inverted Ls (160M, 80M) are looped over trees.  The 40M and 20M
coaxial inverted Ls are
basically totally vertical.

These antennas work GREAT for DX; lousy for 'local' stuff!

SWR is less than 2:1 across the entire band depending where you design the
center point.  Built using
RG8X.

Coaxial inverted L is actually 1/2 of a bazooka antenna.

Will be applying for 160M endorsement to my 5 band DXCC in January!

   -- Bruce, WA3AFS