Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower verticals- risks in SO2R?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower verticals- risks in SO2R?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:26:45 -0500
In practice, I have not experienced this problem.  A few caveats, though:

--  my shunt feed is on 160, and my top-most yagi is for 40 meters.  That
combination is fairly rare but not unheard of here.

-- I run bandpass filters on both radios, and only run 200 watts maximum on
160.

-- I run a simple RX protector in the receiving antenna loop on each
transceiver, which uses a small pilot lamp as an indicator of RF (in or out
of band) as well as a fuse.  I have never seen it light when both bandpass
filters are in the circuit, on any band combination.

73, Pete N4ZR