Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower verticals- risks in SO2R?

To: clive.whelan@btinternet.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower verticals- risks in SO2R?
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:16:02 EST

In a message dated 12/26/2007 12:27:11 P.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
clive.whelan@btinternet.com writes:

However,  I am not aware that this is a problem in practice, and indeed
two UK users  report no problems when running a shunt fed tower on 160m,
whilst  simultaneously listening on HF on another receiver connected to
the yagi.  I would nevertheless be in interested to hear from users here
with  practical experience thereof. Should I be  concerned?

73

Clive
GW3NJW

Clive, I shunt feed my tower on 160 here and with 1500w most of the  time.
Tower is 72', mast 8' with 3 el SteppIR at 78' and M2  40M3L at 71'. No
problems
running simultaneous with the other rig on any band.  BP filters are Dunestar
600.

73, Bob  K8IA

73, Bob  K8IA