[TowerTalk] Yaesu G800s Rotator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G800s Rotator
From: "Scott Stembaugh" <radio.n9ljx@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:36:27 -0500
I have acquired a Yaesu G800s that I have been told has a problem with
showing the actual position.  The original owner knew how long it took to
rotate and occasionally stepped outside to verify that he was pointing where
he thought he should be.  I am planning on opening up the rotator to see if
I can correct the problem before I put it up next spring.  While I have it
open is there anything else I should do preventive maintenance wise?  Any
"common" failures/problems that I should be on the lookout for?

And if the pot, or any other parts, has failed what is a good resource for
parts for this rotator?

Thanks and vy 73,
--Scott N9LJX

--