[TowerTalk] 160 RX antenna

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 RX antenna
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:04:39 -0800
Hi all

While playing on 160 in the RAC and Stew contest, I noticed something kinda
strange here.

I was trying to figure how I could hook up one of my other antennas for a RX
antenna.  I tried them all, from 80 through 10, and still had some noise on
all of them.  Except, when I went to my 40 meter vertical, the noise
disappeared completely!!!

Stations were way down, but readable, but the noise was COMPLETELY gone.

Why should the noise disappear on the vertical when it is there on the 20
meter beam, the 10 meter beam, and the 80 meter dipole?  It was reduced on
all the other antennas, but still there.  73 and HNY
Tom W7WHY