Re: [TowerTalk] 160 RX antenna

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 RX antenna
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:23:49 -0800
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:47:22 -0500, Dan Zimmerman N3OX wrote:

>He can sure hear... because he knows what he's talking about, most
>likely:

Dan,

Thanks for the kind words, and for digging ME out of your noise. I
can hear quite well here, both because I'm lucky to be able to live
in a fairly quite place, and also because I've really worked at it.
In addition to serious chokes on feedlines and noise sources, I've
also put in two DXE reversible Beverages, one of which is headed
your way. I can usually hear pretty well on the vertical (which is
NOT grounded), and When I hear something but don't hear it quite
well enough, I switch to the Beverages. Depending on the vertical
angle at which the wavefront is arriving, the Beverage may not help,
but usually it's good for about 6 dB S/N to the east coast, and
often to a lot of points in between.

73,

Jim K9YC