Re: [TowerTalk] RFI Identification

To: "'David Gilbert'" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>,<TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RFI Identification
From: "Dr. James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 07:52:25 -0700

Dave,
I've used two brands of dog containment units, including the "Invisible
Fence" type, and both transmit at about 100kHz.  To diagnose broken
underground wires, I hook a signal generator up to the wire ends, set it at
550 kHz, and walk around with a portable AM radio. The range is about 5
feet, depending on the generator output, so it is easy to find where the
break occurred.

Jim W8ZR