Re: [TowerTalk] Lightnig Arrestors at tower base or house entrance?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightnig Arrestors at tower base or house entrance?
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:30:49 -0600
larryjspammenot@teleport.com wrote:

>How tall is your tower? My family lives in NE Florida and are always trying to
>get me to move there...

My tower is only 55 feet, and 71 feet to the top of the mast, but it is
also located on a hill and is the highest thing around for a long
distance except for a very few trees about 700 feet away.

NE Florida isn't much different from Alabama, lightning wise.  However,
Central Florida is much worse.   Local conditions can also modify the
general conditions, much as the situation I listed above.  (Hams always
like to modify the general conditions by placing antennas on the tops of
hills.)

Jerry, K4SAV