Re: [TowerTalk] Lightnig Arrestors at tower base or house entrance?

To: Larry DiGioia N8KU <towertalk@longwire.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightnig Arrestors at tower base or house entrance?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:47:57 -0800
Larry DiGioia N8KU wrote:
> I am wondering - do you mean that you would bring the coax all the way
> down to the base, ground it there as usual, THEN back up again to the
> take-off point?
>
> That seems like a pretty good idea, I can't think of single reason not
> to do it...?!

I was thinking more of the case where your coax gets from tower to shack
at ground level or in conduit.

for the case where you leave the tower at some height and, say, go
across to the house at some height, I don't know.  Put a bulkhead
connector panel at the point where you leave the tower?  No matter how
you do it, you're going to have a loop of some sort formed by the
shields, the section of tower from tie point to the ground, the ground
between tower and house, and the coax entry point into the house.