Re: [TowerTalk] worlds biggest yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] worlds biggest yagi
From: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:37:50 -0700 (PDT)
Aside from having the benefit of a loud signal on HF, it's the
scientific/educational aspect of the project that makes it interesting.  My
comment on the radio equipment was simply to emphasize that, if he had all this
$$$ to sink into the antenna project, why not drop another $20k on primo radio
gear?  Anyways, would like to hear what this guys hears.....Barely getting into
Europe these days....

  73,
  Ed NI6S

Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net> wrote:
  RICHARD SOLOMON wrote:
> Clearly, these guys need a hobby. Just too much time and money on
> their hands. Something simple, like F1 racing !!
>
> 73, Dick, W1KSZ

A hobby like ham radio?

Would that JPL ARC members had enough spare time these days to do such
things, but Mars calls... We get excited having enough time to check
into the weekly net on the repeater.

Jim, W6RMK