Re: [TowerTalk] worlds biggest yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] worlds biggest yagi
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:28:06 -0400
My good friend Chuck, K9RM (EX k9rms) who lives near Indy has a 25 element
wire yagi
for 40m with a total boom length of around 1000'.  I live north of him about
80 miles or so.  A year or two ago Chuck and I were BS'ing and working DX
out into the pacific and VK/ZL land and the results at reports between us
were
pretty dramatic.  I was using a CC 2L at 85'.  What I remember the most was
that Chuck was able to copy and work fellas that were 100% invisible to me.
He would hand out 5x9 reports to stations that were non-existant to me !
His ability to reject broadcast QRM was really impressive.  Lots of fun,
that's for sure.

Gedas, W8BYA
http://gedas.cc
http://www.w8bya.com