Re: [TowerTalk] New HD-70 tower available

To: Gene Pentecost <gene.pentecost@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New HD-70 tower available
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 16:17:11 -0700
I recently built and installed the exact same tower and can attest to it
being really, really strong.  In spite of its size and weight, I was
able to completely assemble it by myself in two sections, a 30' lower
section and a 40' upper section ... necessary because my rocky and
uneven hillside doesn't have enough flat space to build it all in one
length.  I had a crane lift the two pieces into place, and Gary, K9RX,
very graciously helped me with the installation.  There are 15 pages of
pictures of my installation beginning at

http://www.ab7e.com/AB7E_Tower_Page_1.html

in case anyone might be interested.  Pictures of a few other
installations can be found on the AN Wireless web site.

It would really be a shame to see K8ZZO's tower not be put to a good
(ham radio) use.  Dan at AN Wireless is terrific to work with and can
supply most anything you might need, including locally stamped
engineering drawings if needed for a building permit.  In addition to
the 5 foot base, I'd probably recommend one additional thrust bearing
plate (sans thrust bearing) to go between the top plate and the rotator
plate for mast positioning when the rotator is not in place.

73,
Dave   AB7E