Re: [TowerTalk] WTB: GAP VOYAGER and a ????

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WTB: GAP VOYAGER and a ????
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 19:39:33 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/2008 4:25:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jim@audiosystemsgroup.com writes:

The only  good reason for using the GAP (which I hear is not that
wonderful)

Well, I have had one up for a whole contest season, and I am here to tell
you it BLOWS away my dipoles @ 50' by a ton.  Anything within 500 miles is
usually stronger on the dipoles ( as expected),but, even from SW Illinois to
MD/DC area, I did a bunch of A/B tests on 75 SSB one evening in November, and
all stations, I was at LEAST 10 db stronger on the GAP, than the dipole.
And, until now, I thought the dipole did well for me. DX on 80 & 40 has been
easier than I have ever had here in 30 years of being a ham. No, not a yagi, or

a 4 square, but, very good. But, since I live in the city, with no room, it
works!

20 sucks on this antenna, period.

160, well, I worked a few Europeans, many, many Carribs/SA with it, and  work
all 48 states, plus KH6. So, that is better than nothing, IMHO. But, not as
good as my old 1/4 wave L.

Bottom line, I love the antenna.

73-Chuck KI9A

favorites at AOL Food.