Re: [TowerTalk] WTB: GAP VOYAGER and a ????

To: <KI9A@aol.com>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WTB: GAP VOYAGER and a ????
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 07:07:34 -0400
I have been using a homebrew version of the HyGain Hytower for the last 4
years and it works great on 20, 40 and 80.  I put 80 radials under it, which
is the real reason that it works as well as it does.  I don't work much 40
meters but I can attest that on 20(where it is a 3/4 wavelength tall) I can
crack any pileups with ease and on 75 it is a bomb on DX and stateside
ragchewing.  I typically run 1000 watts, no more, as it does tend to get
into my neighbor's security system with any higher power. FWIW, I have heard
that the Gap antennas are air cooled dummy loads.

Bob Maser W6TR