[TowerTalk] W2GD tower accident

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] W2GD tower accident
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:21:30 EDT
I got this via K1DG. John is a very good tower guy  and I'm sorry to hear
about this. Even experienced guys can have  accidents.

Cheers & climb safe,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH

>  W2GD was on a 30' tower going up at K8PO's new station in Maine  when the
temporary guying allowed the pier pin to slip off the base and he  rode it
down.  Deep mud broke the fall, but he has a cracked pelvis,  there was a
torn artery, and a minor back injury.  Full recovery  expected, but it will
be a while before he is 100%.

He is in the ICU  at Maine Medical Center in Portland, ME now.  No word on
how long he'll  be in there - probably at least today in the ICU, then in a
regular bed for  at least a couple of days.  I'm sure he's one sore puppy.

Maine  Medical Center
22 Bramhall Street
Portland, ME 04102
207-662-0111,  1-877-339-3107

Probably not taking any calls, but cards would be welcome,  I'm sure.

fuel-efficient used cars.