Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on Tower

To: w4lde@numail.org, TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>, SteppIR Yahoo Group <steppir@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on Tower
From: Mark Robinson <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:52:34 -0400
Hi Ron,

I went through the same heart burn as you living in Wake Co, North Carolina.
I have seen some helacious storms come through here in the last 11 years
that I have been here. I am planning on a design that can withstand 90mph if
not 100mph. I would advise on a stronger tower or else I would keep the
tower low unless I was at home.

I would always lower the tower when not at the home QTH. If this is a pain
and as I figured it would be, then a stronger tower is called for.

That's my opinion.

73 Mark N1UK