Re: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antennas ?

To: "'David Thompson'" <thompson@mindspring.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antennas ?
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:58:31 -0000
David et al,
The loop is nice, but I have also found that living in the northeast makes
it useful to have two yagis on separate rotators.  One is usually pointed to
Europe or northeast and the second south, west or north depending on
conditions.  At certain times of the year, I simply put one on each of two
radios, but during the contests, I put them both on my IC-756 Pro3 for
convenience.  This is a recent reprise of this configuration which I had
applied previously to both 144 and 432 MHz with success due to the
efficiencies in maximizing gain in the desired directions while minimizing
time to do so.
73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964