Re: [TowerTalk] 2 HAMS died in Kansas City

To: ai4wm@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 HAMS died in Kansas City
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 03:23:44 -0400
Someone made a negative comment when I said one should
keep his tower twice the distance from power lines.  I read that
rule in a tower instruction book.  I think I will stick to that advice
regardless of who makes fun of me for saying so.  As a lawyer,
I have observed manufacturers often protect themselves from
liability by putting warnings in the instruction manual.  Usually,
those warnings are put in after someone has made a claim.  I
do not plan to be another claimant, so I figure if the mfr makes
a warning, it must be for a reason.

It is important for us to take heed of such stories - if only to serve
as a reminder of how dangerous it is.

Bill MacLane wrote:

...look up and stay at least twice the distance away from any overhead
conductors.